Working with bilingual children
An introduction to bilingualism and ways of assessing bilingual children.
- Explore what bilingualism is and how bilingual children develop language skills.
- Learn how assessing bilingual children is different and how you can provide an equitable service for all.
- Why do this course
- System Requirements
- Explore what bilingualism is from a cultural context.
- Read advice and guidance on assessing bilingual children fairly and in line with national policy.
- Cement your understanding with practice scenarios.
- Complete in stages or all at once – the course is flexible depending on your available time.
This course will work on PC, laptop, tablet or mobile. It works best using an up-to-date version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. For older versions of Internet Explorer, you may need to allow cookies in order to access the content.
Working with bilingual children spotlight has sections on ‘What is bilingualism?’, ‘Bilingualism in context’, ‘Assessing bilingualism in children’ , ‘What’s normal for bilingual children’ and a Quiz and summary.
Click on the link below to jump to start.
Please help us to improve our courses by filling in the feedback survey after you have done the course.