Research under the spotlight
A guide to getting the most out of reading research papers.
- Breaks down the different sections of a research paper so you can read the key messages first.
- Includes tips and techniques from academic and research experts.
- Why do this course
- System Requirements
- Explore the different sections of a research paper and learn where to find key information at a glance.
- Practise with two example papers.
- Watch videos from experts in research and academic practice on how they quickly skim papers for maximum value.
- Complete the learning as a group prior to a CEN or Hub day on research methods.
This course will work on PC, laptop, tablet or mobile. It works best using an up-to-date version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. For older versions of Internet Explorer, you may need to allow cookies in order to access the content.
Research under the spotlight has seven sections.
Click on the link below to jump to start.
Please help us to improve our courses by filling in the feedback survey after you have done the course.