RCSLT How-To: Formal Assessments
60-90 minutes per module
This resource has been designed to help you get to grips with formal SLT assessments. You can watch them being run as well as hear from experts on when to run them and what they can help you discover.
Please complete the feedback survey, as this is a new resource framework and we’d like to hear from you with any comments.
- Introduces you to the assessment, and what’s contained ‘in the box’.
- Watch some (or all) of the assessment being delivered by an experienced speech and language therapist.
- Additional resources and suggestions for getting the most out of the assessment.
- Why do this course
- System Requirements
- See how an assessment is delivered, and what the therapist does to help the service user complete it.
- Introduce yourself to an assessment prior to running it so you can get an understanding of what it’s like for the service user.
- Suggestions from expert SLTs to help you understand when to use the assessment and when to use an alternative.
This course will work on PC, laptop, tablet or mobile. It works best using an up-to-date version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. For older versions of Internet Explorer, you may need to allow cookies in order to access the content.